Click on Alexandria icon below:
The Books You Want at Permenter MS!
Fill out this form using your school gmail account (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let Ms. Wilson know what books we should add to the library collection at Permenter.
Remember to check the library catalog first to see if we already have it!
Library Policies and Procedures
The goal of the Permenter library media center is to provide our students with a wide range of materials for both educational and pleasure reading. We strive to teach our students to become lifelong learners while providing a nurturing and safe environment. Students are taught necessary skills to identify, locate and interpret information. At Permenter we encourage the love of reading by providing a wide variety of genres based on student and faculty needs.
HOURS: Monday thru Friday 7:15 - 3:15 p.m.
- All students will enter the library quietly and remain quiet during their stay.
- All students will treat library materials with respect and return them promptly.
- Students will refrain from bringing chewing gum, food, drinks, candy, etc. into the library.
- Students will use the library computers for school work such as research, power point presentations, and typing papers; NOT for chat rooms, games, email, etc.
- Students coming in before and after school must sign in and out.
- Students coming in during class periods must have hall pass from their teacher and sign in and out. No more than 2-3 students from the same class at a time. Limit 10 minutes.
- Printing costs .10 (ten cents) per page for Black and White and must be on a flash drive for Ms. Wilson to print from the library computer.
- Students must have their school ID to check out books - the ID with the barcode.
- Students may have two (2) books checked out at one time.
- Books are checked out for two (2) weeks and may be renewed once.
- Lost or damaged books must be paid for in cash.
Students with overdue books and/or fines will not be allowed to check out additional books until they clear their record. Overdue notices are sent to students through their ELA teacher and their school email.
Students are expected to wear their IDs at all times when they are on campus. The school issues the first one free. If the ID is lost or broken, students will need to purchase a replacement. Also, if the ID has been destroyed to where the bar code can't be scanned, you will need to purchase a replacement.
Replacements may be purchased at the ID window for $5.00. No retakes on pictures.