The CHISD Extravaganza is an elaborate and spectacular exhibition of authentic student learning and school choice options available to current and prospective Pre-K-12th grade students. We encourage families to come experience our innovative Collegiate Pathway, Elementary Signature Programs, Comprehensive STEAM Middle Schools, and Academies at the Ninth Grade Center & Cedar Hill High School.Students, teachers, and administrators from every campus, along with district leaders and school board trustees, will be available to help families navigate their menu of choices. CHISD is an open enrollment district which means students who live in areas outside of Cedar Hill are eligible to apply. This is your opportunity to select an educational environment that unleashes and cultivates your child's unique gifts and talents!
- Authentic real world student simulations
- Parent information sessions - Collegiate Pathway and STEAM middle school academies
- Longhorn Technology Playground & Mock TCEA robotics competition
- Early Childhood Tinker Town sponsored by Lakeshore
- Middle school honors choir winter concert
- Concessions for purchase from the Culinary Arts Academy
- Interactive Career and Technology student demonstrations
- Giveaways, door prizes and MUCH, MUCH MORE!
SCHOOL CHOICE OPTIONS
The Cedar Hill Independent School District is leading the way in the southern Dallas region for incorporating innovation into curricula at every grade level, in each content area and on all campuses. Whether your child is a talented artist or gifted mathematician, we have a pathway for them that will foster critical thinking, communication, creativity, and collaboration. Collectively, these skills are referred to as the 21st century 4Cs.
Through a partnership with Cedar Valley Community College, Cedar Hill ISD takes a thoughtful and intentional approach to preparing scholars to graduate high school with their Associate's Degree. Highly motivated scholars are exposed to an intensive and rigorous curriculum centered on college prep and community service. AVID, small learning communities, and an eclectic mix of extracurricular activities provide the support needed to thrive in this environment. By selecting the Collegiate Pathway, parents have the opportunity to save time and money as scholars complete 2 years of college as they simultaneously complete requirements for their high school diploma.
The Collegiate Pathway is:
- An AVID center at Collegiate Preparatory Elementary School (Pre-K - 5)
- A bridge of AVID and early college standards at Collegiate Academy Middle School (6 - 7; Grade 8 begins 2017-2018)
- The #3 early college high school in the nation at Collegiate High School (9 - college sophomore)
Our STEAM Pathways are a portfolio of high-quality school programs that foster 21st century learning skills by utilizing the engineering design process. Each rigorous and challenging program is standards-based to ensure students not only have fun learning, but also master the skills and concepts necessary for college and career readiness. As students advance to the STEAM Academies they have the opportunity to obtain industry certifications and paid internships. Students at all levels are immersed in project and problem based learning that equip them with STEM, communication and leadership competencies necessary to compete in the global marketplace.
- Elementary Schools (K - 5)
- Bray Elementary - Fine Arts
- Highlands Elementary - Dual Language
- Plummer Elementary - Business and Industry
- Lake Ridge Elementary - Business and Industry
- High Pointe Elementary - STEM
- Waterford Oaks Elementary - STEM
- Middle Schools (6 - 8)
- Bessie Coleman Middle School - Environmental Science & Engineering Academy
- W.S. Permenter Middle School - Entrepreneurship & Design Academy
- High Schools
- Ninth Grade Center (9) - STEAM Academies
- Cedar Hill High School (10 - 12) - STEAM Academies
For more information about Cedar Hill ISD and our programs, please plan to attend the EXTRAVAGANZA! If you are unable to attend the EXTRAVAGANZA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information regarding our innovative programs.